Friday, January 9, 2009

Poor Millionaire

So, I went to a family friend's place during the winter break, and for lack of a better activity, we decided to watch the movie Slumdog Millionaire. For those who don't know, it is a Hollywood movie that talks about a poor Indian teen who wins it all on the Indian version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire. I was pretty apprehensive about watching the movie, but I was blown away by the end. It was truly one of the best movies of 2008, and I couldn't believe the performances given by the actors.

It was dark at times, gritty on occasion, and downright surprising at other times, but each of those feelings were included for good reason. There were many comic reliefs, and ... I don't know what else to say about the movie, to be honest. It is truly an awesome movie, and I would recommend it to absolutely anyone who wants to watch a movie.


Sahil

No comments: