Friday, January 9, 2009

A Bigger ... and Flatter World

So, it was Boxing Day and Week recently, and a lot of people had staked themselves a position outside Best Buy and Future Shop for about eight or nine hours to get the best deals. While we didn't exactly do that, we took 'some' advantage of their sales and bought ourselves a 52 inch LCD TV from Sony.

Since I live in an apartment, the space is SORT of limited, and as a result, the TV looks huge. I also own a PS3, and whoever has played PS3 on an LCD TV knows it can be quite close to "heavenly". The only minor issue I face is that I have cable provided by the complex I reside in. As a result, it appears a little stretched. And they have a rather stupid policy that we cannot bring an outsider's subscription ( i.e. Bell / Rogers )

But besides that minor chink, the TV looks, feels and sounds amazing. My family and I watched The Dark Knight's Blu Ray on the TV using PS3 ... and it's almost as if we're watching it in the theatres. Now I can see Peter (Family Guy) bigger (and fatter) than before.


Sahil

1 comment:

Ms. Cat said...

very clever title for your blog. however your blog mark is 17/26. not so hot.