So, as the visitors of this blog may notice, I have decided to move the photo to the top of the day. It gives an awesome space photo (I love them photos - don't know why). So yeah, do admire the photos if/when you stop by :)
And finally, I watched the first episode of the first season of The Wire. It's pretty flipping awesome. I was glued to it from the beginning, and to the end, and I was left wanting to watch another episode. But I had no time, each episode is an hour long, and I don't have two hours to watch a TV Show. I wish I did.
So, anyway, back to The Wire. The show's lead, a character by the name of McNulty, is introduced immediately, and from that, it can be clearly seen that he is the center of the show, and the show revolves around him and his actions etc. The first episode laid out the groundwork, setting the sides, and getting the people introduced. One side is the police, and the different people involved in the police, and the other side is the bad guys - the druggies and their operations. The director and the rest of the crew do a very realistic job of portraying the hardships and the way of life of the people in Baltimore, with the low-rise apartment complexes and the torn-down buildings etc.
I was mildly surprised at the frequency of cursing in the show, but I got used to it in a matter of minutes. It's an eff-bomb now, eff-bomb two minutes later. The occasional ass this, and curse-word that. But it's used in the context of the show, to flesh out the characteristics of each person in the show. It's a dark, gritty, and accurate portrayal, and I'm glad I decided to find the show and start watching it. I'm sure I will not be disappointed one bit.
Sahil
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you make it sound good, i might wanna start watching it too.
okay but i will deny ever introducing it to you guys!
Post a Comment